Banana Tree Restaurants Ltd (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our registered company number is 3893108. We are listed on the Information Commissioner’s register of data controllers under number: ZA310840.
By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by Banana Tree Restaurants Ltd in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
What information we collect
We collect and use your personal information in a variety of ways, for example, to provide you with the services that you have requested from us such as making a table booking or to send you marketing newsletters.
We collect personal information that you voluntary submit to us during your use of the website, for example, when you request to book a table, sign up to our newsletter, download a voucher or log on to our Wi-Fi in our restaurants. In providing these services, we may collect the following types of information:
- • First name and surname;
- • Email address;
- • Contact telephone number;
- • Address or geographic location;
- • Gender;
- • Device used and basic Facebook profile (where logging onto Wi-Fi); and
- • Birthday
It is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information to provide the services you have requested from us and where it is necessary for the performance of any contract that we have with you.
With regards to each of your visits to our website, we will automatically collect the following information:
- • Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, date and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- • Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
Where your personal information is completely anonymised, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information that is regulated under data protection laws. Please see our Cookies section below for further details.
Our website and our restaurants allow you to request information about our products and services or make a complaint about any of the services. Your name and contact information may be requested in each case, together with details of other personal information that is relevant to your customer service enquiry. This information is used in order to enable us to respond to your request or complaint.
It is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best customer service we can to you.
We may sometimes use an internet device called a cookie to store login or other information on your computer. A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website.
Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal Information about you and we do not generally store any personal Information that you provided to us in your cookies.
You can set your web browser to allow, switch off or delete cookies on ours and other websites. In a few cases, switching off or deleting cookies might reduce the functionality of or stop you accessing certain websites.
How we use your information
We will use the information that you provided to us and that we collect about you for the purposes of:
- • providing you with any information or service that you have requested;
- • to contact you with information about our products, services, news and special offers, if you’ve given your consent when you registered with us;
- • to notify you about changes to our service;
- • to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- • tracking activity on our website;
- • to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research;
- • as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- • assisting with police investigations and/or enquiries; and
- • complying with statutory and/or regulatory obligations.
Transfer of personal information
By submitting personal information, you agree that we may legitimately transfer your personal information to third parties located outside of the European Economic Area for secure storage on servers.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
You also agree that in the event that Banana Tree Restaurants Ltd were to undergo any form of restructuring, whether by acquisition, merger or otherwise, we may continue to use and share your personal data across the restructured firm.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by users of our website and our clients.
Please note that whilst we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information and/or other data that you disclose to us online via the website. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which (for individuals) are as follows:
- • the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of it (this is known as a subject access request);
- • the right to have inaccurate data rectified; and
- • the right to object to your data being used for marketing.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Banana Tree Restaurants Ltd, Unit 26 Cygnus Business Centre, Dalmeyer Road, London NW10 2XA.
Our website is not intended for children, specifically anyone under the age of 16. If you are under this age, please do not use our website.
Changes to this statement